Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

We're On Vacation! (Part 3) - Home Again...

So the end has come on our week at the beach.  Now that we're home and unpacking, I am realizing how fast the week went.  When I was younger a week at the beach felt so much longer than a week at home.  I'm not sure why.  Maybe it was because the pace of life at the beach was calmer and more laid back than it ever was at home.  But now, as I'm sorting laundry to wash and putting things away, it really feels as if I just packed up for this trip yesterday.  Would be nice to feel like we actually spent that time away from home.

Our last day was one of the best of the week.  We took Lila back to the beach and tried to get her to go into the ocean.  We should have known the problems we were going to have with the attempt by how much she resisted putting on her life jacket.  We got about knee deep into the ocean, trying to put her feet in the water the whole time, before we gave up and let her go back to enjoying digging in the sand and playing in her tide pool.  At least we got a few pictures.  It's been neat watching her experiment with the sand, water and shells.  I hope we have a chance to bring her back to the beach soon.  Next year will be quite an experience.  She will well be running around by that time!

Tim and I even got in a date night that night.  Neither one of us were feeling the leftovers that were available for dinner.  So, after we put the baby to bed and grammy in charge of the monitor, we went back up to Castaways for dinner.  We even got the same table we've sat at each time we've been.  There was a saxophone player providing tunes and entertainment to the crowd.  He was pretty good though I did find it strange that a one man act referred to himself as "JP and friends".  I wonder if his "friends" were just absent this evening..or if they actually exist.

So now all of us are back home.  We're even up one person.  My sister came back with us and will be visiting for three weeks.  I always enjoying having her around.  It's nice to have someone to give me a hand here and there.  I do hate that the time at the beach went by so quickly, but it will be good to get back into the swing of things around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment